Thursday, April 23, 2009

Who Doesn't Like To Get a Little Catty Now and Then?




I love cats.

I don't dislike dogs, and actually think they're sweet and adorable, but when it comes to the pet I adore, it's cats, and only cats. I know they can be vexatious, overly independent at times, and even downright sassy (to use an American term that I love) but that's part of their charm; they're also warm, affectionate and loving when it suits them (and often you), and when it doesn't, well no amount of coaxing is going to shift their decision anyway so why try to fight it?


I love the photos above & below (sent to me by my sister via email) because they remind that cats rate sleep as the most wonderful activity ever, and given a preference will sleep till doomsday (and likely right through it!). I had a cat once that would sleep on the top of our pagola (verandah roofing made of wooden slats) and have the front paws over one beam, the back legs over another and the body swinging very uncomfortably (well we thought so; clearly the cat didn't!) in the middle. How it stayed on there, let alone slept, is beyond me, but he loved it, and also made a real effort to sleep on the BBQ chimney as much as he could. They are peculiar contrary beasts but I wouldn't have them any other way!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older