Friday, April 17, 2009

Project 289 - Day 31 : I'm Keane As Mustard and Twice As Melodic

It's true. Mustard may be a great condiment, adding zest to sandwiches and dishes alike, but it has no rhythm and has no soul...

But it doesn't need to! What does matter is that, rather poor denigration of condiments jokes aside, is that Keane, one of my favourite bands ever after Coldplay is in town and rocking the Metro Theatre tonight. While you could class their music as Coldplay-like in some respects (in so much as they subscribe to roughly the same Britpop sound), they have a sound all their own; in turn rocking out, while at other times creating the most achingly beautiful, emotion-laden ballads out there that shimmer with an intensity and a lyrical delivery where you feel every lyric, every note. These guys have a gift for capturing the sort of emotion that runs out to the middle of a windswept landscape at 3 in the morning, crazy with wonder or grief, and asks why or glories in the moment, married to a melodic sensibility that matches it to the core. I find them truly moving, and I am looking forward to what will no doubt be a great concert.


Of course to get to that, I need to survive what I am sure will be a madly busy day at work thanks to yet another day not spent at the Cubicle of Death and Greyness thanks to my sore jaw. While I did answer some emails via the Crackberry yesterday - I swore I would never get that addicted but clearly I weakened! - there will be a tad of tasks to get through when I reach the corporate utopia I call home for 9-10 hours a day and I am hoping I survive it all. Ah well, at least I can look forward to pouring all that emotion into the Keane concert, and get it out of my system that way!

POSTSCRIPT: The concert was so much fun! They played all the big hits, the concert was energetic and entertaining, and the Metro Theatre, while pretty much standing room only, was a great venue with the full-on energy of a 1000 fans all screaming and hollering! Add to that a yummy tapas dinner beforehand, and it turned out to be a wonderful night with my lovely guy, that defied the exhaustion of what had been a ridiculously busy day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older