Sunday, April 12, 2009

Project 289 - Day 26 : Be Very Very Fat-Inducing... We're Hunting Easter Eggs




I went on an Easter Egg Hunt today.


In my lounge room. On my way to getting a drink of water for my boyfriend... which it turned out was simply a pretext (yes I was had!! LOL) for getting me into said lounge room, where I would see Easter eggs of all colours (well mainly yellow and red but all colours sounds far more inclusive) on the coffee table, books, bookcase shelves, sculpture, and even on my M & Ms display..... to say I was delighted was an understatement (see me smiling above)! I giggled, clapped my hands and danced around the room - I am fairly certain that there were less gay displays by wildly flamboyant drag queens on Oxford Street! But hey! No one saw me, I wasn't filmed for YouTube, and I got the most wonderful surprise gift from my gorgeous guy.... in return I gave him a very understated Easter gift basket (see the photo) in electric blue material with neon coloured Easter eggs across it. Elegant, sophisticated and the sort of thing all straight men would give as gifts.....ah-huh...yep...no, no they wouldn't.....


With all the chocolate-ty calories given and discovered, we lazed around for hours, ate some hot cross buns (had them for breakfast all 4 days of Easter - YUM!), and went out for what Stephen jokingly referred to as "brunch".... at 2 pm!! After all the to-ing and fro-ing of the day before, I think a slow start was just what the Easter Bunny ordered, and so it was we found ourselves belatedly at Watsons Bay, checking out the walk along the cliff (with an hysterical un-PC commentary provided by Stephen, along with lots of botanical education - see us below), eating fish and chips from the kiosk on a beautiful balmy Autumn day (with lashings of soft drink!! LOL See Stephen above), kids threatening to do us bodily harm at every turn with soccer balls or footballs, the sun shining, and the hours sliding lazily by....


We followed up all the un-holy sloth and indolence by heading to the birthplace of leisurely hedonism in Australia - Bondi Beach (there I am posing on the railing). I was determined to get an ice cream there after a walk along the beach and back, but cooler heads prevailed (thank you Stephen for reminding just how many gigajoules were waiting back at Easter egg central!) and we stuck to walking and not eating at the same time.....


The day finished in a time of calm reflection, meditation and peace..... OR.... we headed to Pastizzi Cafe on King Street, grabbed a dozen pastizzi, a bottle of wine and watched the sun go down at the end of the sort of day long weekends are made for, a day made even sweeter by the fact that WE DIDN'T HAVE TO WORK MONDAY! YEAH!!! 


2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Oh I am disappointed there wasn't a vid: I was looking forward to it!! Jus xo

6:41 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Yes well I was too busy racing around like a gay chook with my sequins cut off to remember to do that!! LOL

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older