Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Project 289 - Day 29 : Twas Always Frantic in Outlook Land


Today I paid for having my jaw flame out on me on yesterday!


I arrived early at work - 7.30 a.m. when no one but the cubicle addicts (and you know who you are!!) were present and accounted for - to finalise a report my boss needed that day, and didn't get on the bus to freedom till 6.05 pm. Inbetween I scheduled and re-scheduled countless meetings, sat in a 2 hour one with my boss and her direct reports, raced across the campus and back getting lunches and sundry other errands, and ate lunch at my desk trying desperately hard not to engage my jaw in any significant fashion. Alas just staring at the food, and willing it to enter your bloodstream doesn't work, and so I had to chew it while rushing like a madman to get all my Outlook ducks in a row. 

That's why today's photo is a snapshot of the 5 calendars I am overseeing this week. It illustrates in a way mere words can't, just how frantic my day gets, and while most nights it takes a great deal of effort to wind down, and do little.... especially now I have my Crackb... er... Blackberry always at my side. I vowed I would not check it outside of work, but I am, and I loathe myself! OK I really don't but mildly unimpressed? Yep. So tonight, I just watched a DVD, read, talked to my man, and then slept and pretended that Outlook, Blackberries and all the sundry other technological enslavements of the 21st Century don't exist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older