Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Project 289 - Day 27 (Monday 13 April, 2009) : Chilling in the Soporific Waters of the Gloriously Banal



Today was the same that we went nowhere much.

After racing up to the Blue Mountains (which were a spectacular blue on Saturday) and driving across Sydney away from the usual well worn footpaths (note, Stephen, that I did not use the term 'sidewalk') yesterday, today was the day we slept in, ate yet more hot cross buns (I am sure there must be a thank you letter from the Australian Hot Cross Bun Bakers Association on it's way to us).... and went and bought groceries! Yes good old essential boring groceries.... yes we did pick up a large Lindt Easter Egg as a gift for a friend but mainly the trip to Woolies at Marrickville Metro (it's daggy as heck but I love it even so) was to get thrilling items like Listerine, vegetables, and juice..... 


We were intending to at least be semi-active and hit the shops to check out the prices of front loader washing machines for Steve's new apartment (yes the Flea Palace is nearing the move in date!), but somehow that noble idea to stimulate the Australian economy (I am also expecting a thank you letter from Kevin Rudd for doing that.... assuming he stays in Australia long enough to write the thing!) fell victim to a lunch of leftover pastizzis and salad, a nap, and then a torrential downpour (and we without our umbrellas!!)....

We did however manage to finish off the day with a delicious $10 steak dinner at the local pub where we joined by my good friend Fahmi who had just arrived back in from Singapore. I thought that I had dodged the remark that always seems to mar the end of any weekend - "Pity we have to go to work tomorrow" - when one of my friends texted it, and so I drank more wine, and pretended that I was one of the idle rich and that this wonderful Easter break, spend with the loveliest man I know, was just another chapter in a life of self-indulgence and sloth (which lasted till approximately 6 a.m. this morning when my alarm punctured that admittedly delightful delusion!)..... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older