Monday, December 19, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 351 (Saturday 17 December) - Happy Birthday Peter!

It was my dear friend Peter's birthday dinner tonight - he doesn't officially celebrate the big day till the 22nd, mere days before Christmas - and we decided to leave King Street (yes I know!) and head to the lovely north shore. Pre-dinner drinks were at Delicato's, a funky Spanish wine and beer and tapas place on Blues Point Road, just down from Blu Ginger where we had dinner.

The waiter at Delicato's was so genuinely friendly, and while it isn't cheap, the wines, beers and food are so good it's totally worth what you pay. We gave Peter his presents there and had a lovely time perched high on our stools. We will be back!

Peter in mid flight

Peter and Linda

Fahmi and Peter

Peter with the gift Waz, my gorgeous guy & I gave him - a bottle of Shiraz and a MYER gift card


Ian and Warren

My gorgeous guy and I (with the waiter in the background)

The delectable antipasto plate


L-R: Peter, Linda, Terri and Julie

Julie, Ian and Warren
Dinner was at Blu Ginger, an Indian restaurant of consistently great food, wonderful service, and fun ambience. We had lots of wine, so much food I was expecting to explode at any moment, and they brought the cake out right on cue, which led to some fun photos of Peter blowing out the candles.

Linda and Terri

Peter and Warren

My gorgeous guy, Julie and Ian

Fahmi and I

The spinach chat which was YUM!

So much food - almond pumpkin lamb, beef madras, a fish curry and... well, it was delicious whatever the fourth one was!
Waz thinking through the merits of eating more food

Peter eyeing the cake and the many candles (I asked for 3-4 to be put on it!)

Blow, Peter, blow!

Applauding his lung power

Choc royale cake from Michel's. Nom nom!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older