Sunday, October 02, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 274 (Saturday 1 October) - The Never Ending Brunch... and a Fabulous Birthday Dinner

First off an impromptu brunch with Waz, Fahmi and my gorgeous guy @ South End Cafe, which was in favour with us under the founders who cooked innovative fun food in a friendly atmosphere, fell out of favour with us when the second owner took over and tried and failed to keep the original ethos alive and kicking, and has leapt back into favour with whoever the hell owns it now. All I know is the Pea & Haloumi Pancakes are back baby and delicious as ever!!









Then we spent about 4 hours meandering up and down King Street, ostensibly looking for gifts for Brett's birthday dinner that night (which we found in Octopus) and my magazine, Entertainment Weekly at Magnation, but also looking in all sorts of antiques and clothing stores, and stopping for a yummy afternoon tea at Citrus, which provided a nice rest stop on our relaxing, but exhausting afternoon ramble along my favourite street in the world.


Finished up a very full day with a wonderful get together with many of the gay guys we collaborate with for our Fair Day extravaganzas for Brett's birthday at the Double Bay 18 Footers Club. The venue has a great deal of sentimental significance for me since this is where my late Great Aunt Lizzie used to take my sister, and brother and I when we visited Sydney (Not sure if Rachel, the younger of my two sisters ever made it here.) for dinner since she lived very close by in Darling Point. So it was lovely to be back here, catch up with a group of guys who know how to have fun, drink some lovely wine, eat some great food (my medium-cooked steak was superb) and watch Brett's cake almost go up in flames at the hands of an over-ambitious Chinese candle. Lots of fun!


Ian and (must check name) 

My gorgeous guy Steve, and Bill (partner of Ian, above)

Gary prepares the cake with lots o' cream

The birthday boy waving hello Vulcan-style

The candle goes crazy and Brett leans back out of harm's way

Bill and I





Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older