Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 267 (Saturday 24 September) - I Love Me a Sausage in my Mouth

Quite the foodie day really!

We had a very late brunch, called Lunch by normal folks at Post Cafe in Marrickville Cafe and the food was DIVINE DARLING DIVINE! Seriously yummy lime and dill beer batter on barramundi fillets with the most perfect chips, and my gorgeous guy's brioche stack with thick slices of haloumi cheese was impressive too. I could have just sat on our stools at the window side tables all day and waited for dinner....





....BUT dinner was out somewhere else entirely! After a badly needed nap (and some bookcase shopping), my gorgeous guy, Fahmi and I went to Bench Wine Bar on King Street, one of the new micro bars that are sprouting all over Sydney town, for pre-dinner drinks with Warren, Ian and Stephen. The service and ambience were top notch and I could have happily stayed there all night......


Fahmi and Stephen seated in front of the funky POP! culture mural

Sausages YUM, Mash YUM, mushy peas YUM!!!



Ian, Warren (hiding behind Ian), Fahmi, Stephen and my gorgeous guy

BUT we had dinner reservations across the road at Smash Sausage Kitchen, a gourmet sausage place with all sorts of cool flavours, fantastic warm friendly service, great wine and the yummiest apple crumble I have had in ages. It came to about $45 per person but that was great value considering we had all entrees, mains, 2 bottles of wine, and dessert..... plus a ton of fun catching up with each other!

....and yes we made all sorts of innuendo-laden comments about sausages....like we could let that opportunity slip by!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older