Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 199 (Monday 18 July) - Takiyagi, Karaage, Yum!


I am not a fan of ruts.


Admittedly I keep falling into them, especially career-wise - my current career doldrums are the result of finding myself just drifting into new jobs all too often - but as much as it's within my power, I try to fight them. But there are some ruts that aren't bad at all - that speak of familiarity in a good way, of a sense of time and place, of being with that someone special.

One of the ones I cherish most is having dinner with my beautiful sweet man on a Monday night, the night before he leaves for work in Bathurst on the Tuesday. It's usually quick since he needs to be home reasonably early to get ready and get packed for an early departure, but it gives us one last time together, a chance to talk, snuggle, and be with each other before the week begins in earnest and we find ourselves separated till Friday night when he returns to Sydney.

Apart from Happy Chef, the Chinese place up King Street we like, Sushi Train in Newtown is one of our favourite places for the Monday night catch up - the food is delicious, the service prompt and friendly, and we can just graze away, talk, and relax.


I love this rut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older