Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 181 - Cesspools of Pus

Oh what a fetching and enticing title that is for a blog entry. Makes you want to rush in, devour every word..... just to make sure that Andrew hasn't completely lost his freakin' ever-lovin' mind.


The intersection of Mitchell Rd and Coulson Streets just near my apartment complex. I took the photo because the trees, the overcast sky reminded me of Vancouver, Canada, a city I love and miss


No, I haven't. Today consisted of going to my dentist for an 8.30 appt (I left at 7.25 expecting awful peak hour traffic and screamed there in no time flat, meaning I got to sit in my car and Twitter and listen to music till they opened the surgery at 8 a.m.) to check on a tooth on the far back left bottom of my mouth that was growing ever more sore, and giving me fever, headaches etc, a sure sign that all was not well in that particular pearly white....


The waiting of the dental surgery. Tres classy huh? I feel like I have paid for most of it! LOL

.... and alas it was not. For below its somewhat marred pretty white surface - it was filled in some years back - at the base of the tooth, I have a 7mm pool of pus. Yes, pus. Delightful. Even more enchanting - but wait what could sound fairer than that delightful phrase you say in surprise? - is the fact that I require root canal work at a cost of $1900! Yes more money spent on my teeth. I could have cried leaving the surgery, since I need all the money I can get right now to finance the drawing up of my book cover, proof reading etc, and that's a fair swag of money. Thankfully it is tax time, but I didn't want to spend my refund paying for part of a dental bill. Depressing news though it was, I had calmed down by the time I got time, antibiotics and Panadeine Forte in hand, and spent the day watching Ellen, and The View, napping in my Panadeine Forte haze, and watching the first episodes of new sci fi shows, Warehouse 13, and Falling Skies, both of which were wonderful.


Unlike my tooth.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older