Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 172 - E-Booking in Amazonia

Yes I know it conjures up images of Wonder Woman reading a book and turning the passages with her lasso...OK it doesn't? Hmm, well it's the first place my mind went which probably explains a great deal.


 What I am actually referring to is the course I am attending tonight at the Writers Centre in Milson Point, which in two hours is promising to tell me how to publish my novels in e-book form on Amazon's Kindle platform. While I am unhappy about the hastening disappearance of real world books and book shops - I fear the only place I will be able to shop in coming years will be supermarkets and laundromats, neither of which scream out 'relaxed atmosphere' (the act of screaming that out would, by definition, negate that phrase's real impact right?) - I realise that short of landing a wonder literary agent, this is probably the best way to get my book out there, and hope it gets noticed. Admittedly this is only the first step in a long process that will involve final editing of my book, getting cover illustrations, and starting the viral campaign to end all viral campaigns using Twitter, Facebook, a dedicated web site, etc etc....


But it's an EXCITING first step, and I can't wait!!

Thank you Jeff..... hopefully you will kickstart my longer for writing career!

________________________________________________

The course was AWESOME!!! The presenter Steve Ellis was knowledgable, articulate, funny and personable, the course was chock full of inspiration, encouragement, and really useful practical advice, which means I will be able to use my enthusiasm to good effect almost immediately, which is hugely super-duper exciting! Yes I am pumped! As an added bonus, I will need to learn HTML, how to create a website etc, which is going to be useful for my general work too (and as an added bonus, my gorgeous guy and I will be studying it together!), Kindle is perfect for my series like mine it turns out, and one lady collected all the names, email addresses and phone numbers of everyone there so we will be able to form a support group too! Best of all I got on brilliantly well with a lady called Michelle sitting next to me, and she designs book covers among other things and runs writing weekends. So many great things to pursue and opportunities so I am very excited!


Did I mention just how EXCITED I am? It all begins NOW!!

After a very cold wait it has to be said on the wind swept platform of Milsons Point station....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older