Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 179 (Tuesday 28 June) - Walking When The Feet Don't Wanna Move

I have been very slack lately when it comes to exercising, and for that matter, eating in a low caloric manner.

There I said it. True it happens every winter to some degree or another, as I succumb to the twin influences of cold and dark, neither of which overly worries me usually, but which combine during what passes for the coldest season of the year in Sydney (for me that means little to no sweating, which I adore) to make me increasingly reluctant to either pound the streets of Newtown and Erskineville @ 5 a.m. or venture the 500m or so to the apartment complex's pool/gym complex for some zen-like calming laps.

I was very close to yielding to this unhealthy dynamic tonight, but decided it was time to take a stand - a moving one at least - and go out with my good friend Warren for 45 minutes of energetic, rain drop dodging walking around Sydney Park. The added benefit was a good catch up with Waz who no longer works in the City, meaning our trips in and out by train don't happen, and so, neither do our chats, which I miss.

Looking tres glam in my $10 Kmart trackie daks and cheap blue zip up hoodie, in the lift riding down to the lobby, smiling as if walking in the cold is FUN! Turned out, with Waz there at least, it was.

So Vim & Vigour 1, Lethargy 0.

Hopefully I can keep this going, especially when there's no social element involved (unless, of course, I choose to chat to myself at 5 a.m. which is fine since no one would see me; and if they did, its Newtown people - who will really care?!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older