Sunday, August 15, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 227 : Castles Made of Nuts and Chickens

Family outing day but I didn't need a note from my Mum because she was with me!

The destination was the Macadamia Castle at Knockrow, about 20 minutes from home, which is in some ways a poor man's Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. Even so, it has lots of animals, the kids love it - my adroable niece 1 year old Zara had a ball feeding kangaroos, trying to pat chicks, and running after ducks almost into the duck pond itself! - the food is nice (even if they left the macadamias from our chicken and macadamia salad out of the dish!) and it makes for a fun afternoon out.
We even did some shopping in the gift shop, getting Bodhi, the newly arrived nephew, a fish, a panda bear (my contribution) and other cute plush animal. The panda bear was especially cute because it has its hands above its head, looking much like Bodhi when he's asleep.

Before the excusrion, Zara opened her much delayed birthday present - we were supposed to be there for her 1st birthday in early July but my sister (Zara's mum) got sick and so the festivities were cancelled - while she was half asleep which probably wans't the best idea, but she loved the toy!
We finished a busy day off with a visit to my Dad in the hospital before heading home for an early night (we were all sleep deprived after Bodhi spent much of Saturday night very much awake and letting the rest of us know it!)
A perfect day with my family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older