Sunday, August 15, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 225 (Friday 13th August) : Quiet Stations and Noisy Pubs

So everyone was muttering with glib forboding - yes there is such a thing - that it was Friday 13th but in reality, I saw no black cats, no witches covens, and a dearth of bad luck, while I raced to the station early (feeding my friend Fahmi's cat on the way) to get into woprk with enough time to get all my work done before I went on a week's holiday.

I had just missed by 20 seconds the 6.28 train - truth be told I saw it pulling in bhut just couldn't be bothered rushing since so much of my day passes in a stress-filled blur  - and found myself on a usually crowded station with no one else around me. Not a soul, and I snapped a couple of photos to record a once-in-a-blue moon event... spoooo-kyyyyyyy.....
 The day naturally passed so fast that I scarcely remember it and I was rushing home to change the sheets, tidy up my room, swim 1 km and meet my hunky guy for drinks at my friend Warren's down the street with Ian & Peter too - as much as fun as ever with lots of wine and champagne and dipping sauces and joke-punctuated conversation - before more laughter-filled catching up at the Botany View pub on King Street. My corned beef with mash, asparagus and creamy dijon mustard sauce was divine - the food is exceptionally good there for a reasonable price - and with more wine, and an exhausting day, sleep came easily that night.........
 ONE LAST THING - my gorgeous guy gave me a cow tonight! Not an actual cow thank goodness since I am already struggling with inadequate storage space - I am fairly certain that you can't fit a cow in a narrow linen cupboard, not I have to admit that I have tried; its just a well educated hunch - but one of the Cows on Parade, which feature all sorts of fun decorations on plaster cows. The one he gave me was a house warming present, and it's festooned with all sorts of eclectic antique cups and sauces. I had seen it in a shop window on King Street (Octopus) and knew it would be fabulous in my apartment but my gorgeous guy had convinced not to buy it at that point, and secretly went back and got it for me. He's such a sweet, beautiful guy.... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older