Monday, August 09, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 221 : Virgin Behaves a Tad Whore-Like

Today was definitely a case of "Not Happy Jan".

I was booking flights to my friend Jason's 40th on 18th September, and as part of that process, had to use up a credit that Virgin were holding for a flight I'd previously had to cancel when my sister fell ill and we couldn't travel up for my niece's first birthday celebrations. Cancelling the fligths had already cost me and my boyfriend $90 and I was less than impressed when Virgin Blue then slugged even more money to re-book.


You see, to use that credit, you can't book online (where the flights are cheaper by $15 each way) and are forced by Virgin to book via their call centre. So the re-booking cost me an additional $60 plus credit card charges. All up, I ended up paying $160 approximately to re-do the flights. Talk about rapacious gouging.

I like Virgin far more than Jetstar and Tiger but their greed disgusts me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older