Friday, September 25, 2009

Project 289 - Day 192 : Assailed by the Dreaded Lurgy so I Slept, I Read, I Watched 'The View'... At Home, Not Work!

I had every intention of going to work today.


But when I woke up, I pretty much knew my body, full of all new aches and pains that it had mysteriously conjoured up overnight from the viral load coursing through my bloodstream, said.... NO. Nevertheless, I doggedly plowed on - all the more remarkable since I am in actual fact, a cat person but let's face it, the cat would just turn over and keep sleeping!) - ironing my shirt, taking a shower, even starting to get dressed until I realised I was too exhausted, even after a good night's sleep, to make it up the hill to the railway station.


.... and so I climbed into bed, texted my boss, and begun a day of giving my body a chance to rest, dosed up to the eyeballs with the fabulously tasty olive leaf extract, Aspro Clear (yummy lemony zing!), cough syrup, and who knows what else, and read my book, napped, and watched "The View".


Soon my gorgeous guy will be here and my day will be all the better for his lovely presence.

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Stay at home and get better, silly sausage. At least it enables us to talk more!!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older