Thursday, September 24, 2009

Project 289 - Day 191 : Two Years At My Current Company and I Celebrate With a Wedge of Rocky Road.... and Olive Leaf Extract

So it's two years since I pulled up sticks at my previous company - no idea what I was doing with sticks there since, apart from anything else, it's an OH & S issue - and decamped to the sunny climes of the campus, and while it's not a cause for celebration as such (what I thought I was that unemployable that celebrating two years is like marking the miracle I ever got there?! LOL), it is an excuse for something so calorically-burdened that Jenny Craig would faint at the mere mention of it.

So my bestest gal pal at work, Sammi, bought me a delectably thick slice of Rocky Road, probably not the wisest move given the horrible cold I had, but a literally sweet thing to do, and a nice way to mark the occasion. Of course, unless I kick this cold quicker than I am, and get back to swimming and pounding the pavement, there's a very good chance that the calories I took in will be with me for quite some time to come. Not the souvenir I am particularly after!

Nor really was this interesting concoction. A close friend, Justin (one of my blog followers, for which I thank him!), swears by this, as does a colleague at work, and while it no doubt works, it tastes, well, not like Rocky Road let's just say. When I had my first dose tonight, my housemate was treated to the comedic hilarity of me rushing from my bedroom to the kitchen (not an easy task when your body aches and you feel TIRED) flicking my tongue lizard-like out of my mouth, all the while saying "Ugh. Yuck. Taste. Yuck!" till I got to the pantry, poured some honey onto a spoon and erased the, ah, less than yummy taste previously resident on my taste buds. I am sure that this will miraculously heal me, Lourdes-like, of my cold (especially since Blackmores products are so good... no, that's not a plug.... I have used them for years and they work) but I am looking forward to the Creaming Soda or Vivacious Cherry flavours hitting the market so I can have my miracle cure and happy taste buds too!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Olive leaf is da bomb!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

And the trick to consuming olive leaf is to throw it towards the back of your throat, so that it bypasses the taste buds. Sorry, shoulda told ya before.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older