Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Project 289 - Day 189 : Attacked by Liquid Cats and Dogs

I got soaked in 5 minutes of walking home from the station tonight.


I knew it was raining. I'd seen the lightning. I expected a few annoying drops would skip crazily around the protection of my umbrella - my extremely small umbrella that makes hummingbirds look massive and obese - and leave my clothes slightly less dry than they had been.

What I didn't expect was pelting angry rain - I have no idea what makes rain angry.... sub standard clouds? Having to downpour on the night "Mad Men" is on? A sense of raging injustice that they aren't fire or earth, one of the cool elements? Who knows? - that left my back and the back of my legs soaked all the way through, and my bag only dry because I hugged it closer than a gay man shopping for funky shirts at a 75% off Dolce and Gabbana sale.

Thankfully the walk is short but I am still worried my umbrella may not make it through the night... it doesn't look good (see picture). I'll keep you posted......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older