Saturday, September 19, 2009

Project 289 - Day 186 : That's WICKED!

Today we ate brunch at my favourite cafe in Newtown, South End - after sleeping in and swimming 500 m (not at the same time.... trust me I didn't dream it!) - and I ate my usual Pineapple and Mint Frappe (two of them in fact - I am such an addict!) and delicious big breakfast, full of healthy fat-free chorizo sausage, bacon, and, ugh, runny fried eggs which I loathe but somehow managed to eat. Forgot to ask for the fully fried ones didn't I? My bad.

(Here's Jason in the powder blue polo shirt and I walking up to a breakfast so healthy we actually grew younger while eating it! I know.... are we good or what?!)

(Jason and my beautiful guy wait outside South End for a table, taking in the always fascinating street scape of King Street)
Back home for a brief hey presto change-o, and then off into the City for the 2 p.m. matinee session of WICKED, which was AMAZING! We started with Ozmopolitans, luminously green daiquiris before the show and then settled in for a show I had hear so much about, and was hoping would live up to the hype. It did, and in spades! It had everything - deliciously melodic songs, clever dialogue skillfully delivered by some brilliant performers, wonderful costumes, exquisite set pieces, and scenes that organically flowed one into the other. In short, just perfect, making WICKED one of the very musicals I am raving about to anyone who will listen.... and trust me, I am going on and on and on and..... yep my colleagues run from me at work now!

(Warren - left - and Jason goof off at dinner, doing goodness knows what!)

We raced home again, changed once again - oh darling it's like we're in our very own production really! OK no it isn't but we changed a LOT! - and headed out to dinner, starting with drinks at The Colombian on Oxford Street, graduating to dinner at The Tandoori Palace, and finishing up with a fun boogie at Palms, the daggiest but funnest nightclub on the strip that we all adore!

(Peter - below - does his best vogue staring off into the nonchalant distance)

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Jason is a spunk.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I shall tell him you said just that!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older