Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Project 289 - Day 190 : Life On Mars


I went to bed last night on Earth.... and woke up today on Mars.

No, I have not been mixing vodka, red cordial and peyote in some hallucinogenic mix - although god knows it would make for an interesting day at work! - and drinking it for breakfast. What I have done is gone to work on a day when a massive red dust storm, blown in from western NSW (and heading to NZ!), has blanketed Sydney, covering everything in fine granules, obscuring the Opera House and Harbour Bridge, and blasting everyone and everything with fine sandblasting spray.

It is like living in a sci fi movie, with the wind howling around you, the sky a weird foggy murky orange, and no sense of a normal day or weather. I am almost expecting some bizarre aline life form to appear in the distance, fly close to me and ask to be taken to my leader, or just whisk me away to their planet.... or is that just one of the Sales team? Hard to tell the difference really....

However you slice it, today is one very odd day.....

******************

But it did have it's funny side and kudos to the person with lightning fast Photoshop skills!

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Gritty!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older