Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 146 - Can $7.50 Really Buy You Happiness?

If it buys you a bag full of sugar-filled goodness, then yes, albeit of the temporary sugar-high kind....

I am having an awful day at work. Not because of the job itself oddly enough; yes I am busy but not so busy that I can't think straight - OK I never think straight but you know what I mean - it is more that I feel incredibly trapped, and uncertain about where to head next career-wise (see last Monday's blog), and really, really down.


It's not rational I know, and I know I have to be a grown up, pay bills, and stay here till I find something else, but then emotional reactions to things rarely are. I know I can't just run off and hope for the best like I have been but I feel trapped not knowing what the next step is....

Hence the overdose of nulti coloured sugary goodness.... not the best coping mechanism but it will do for now....


______________________________________





But on a lighter note, the day started with a 7 a.m. at Nook Cafe in the City, just near my bus stop, with breakfast with dear friend, and horribly overworked and exhausted friend, Jason. We chowed down on bacon and egg rolls - a stark contrast to my usual Cheerios and low fat milk - and caught up on career angst (both of us), love lives (mostly his as he's dating up a storm) and the fact that neither can afford property in this crazy City we love.... a great start to a less than stellar day at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older