Monday, August 16, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 228 : My Dad Done Gone to Rehab.....

Well it is the North Coast darling. Everyone does rehab!

Only in this case, it's rehab to recover from fracturing his hip. Thankfully the break wasn't as bad as it could have been but it does mean Dad is spending 4 weeks in the rehab hospital in Ballina, in addition to the 2 weeks he spent in the hospital in Lismore prior to that. He is bored out of his brain at nights - he doesn't sleep well and at home would often go to his study to watch DVDs or read, something he can't easily do at the hospital - but when I was there we visited him there every day to try to make the time pass a little more quickly and remind him again how loved he is!
Today, my darling new little nephew Bodhi came along with his mum (my sister Rachel) and dad (my brother in law Michael) and kept everyone captivated including my Dad who adores his grand children.
The main thing is he's doing well, and even managing to shop over the phone! That's my dad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older