Friday, April 30, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 119 : ART!

Yep still sick, confined to bed, and popping antibiotics like they're um, drugs.... OK they are drugs....


So given that it's not that thrilling to talk about lying in bed reading and watching TV AGAIN - I am at the stage where while I appreciate the time to rest and recuperate, I would much rather be out living life; of course, as my gorgeous guy keeps reminds me, I need to spend this quiet time getting better so I can live life..... I know that intellectually but I am not very good at enforced stillness - I thought it would be far more fun to feature some more of the funky graffiti art in the neighbourhood.

This uber-colourful mural sits at the end of a postage stamp-sized park in one of the side streets of Erskineville, just near my apartments. I often pass it on the way to the main street of Erskineville or when I am walking to my friend Fahmi's to feed his cat. I like it because it's bright, very visual, creative, and is way better than a grey brick wall. It livens up the place and makes me feel good, and it's another example of the vibrancy and sense of creativity that make this such a wonderful suburb to live in.

****
Tonight I went to see my lovely guy after his long drive back from Bathurst, and we headed out for dinner - three days in my apartment made me eager for an outing, recuperating though I am - and ended up at Jinnah's, an incredibly eccentric Pakistani restaurant in Dulwich Hill, with great food, and sweet service, but some of the most delightfully kitsch decor I have ever seen. Turns out their wedding reception decor from last time is the new decor all the time, another reason to love this restaurant's fabulously kooky look!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older