Wednesday, April 28, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 114 (Sunday 25 April 2010) : Vacuum Cleaners, Makeshift Wardrobes and Styrofoam All in a Row

After one of those delightfully indulgent sleep ins that you only get on a long weekend - I did wake around 4.30 a.m. when the dawn services traditionally start, to steady very heavy falling rain, and admired the tenacity of those who got up early to honour those who died in the service of our country, and even more so to reflect on what we owe to those brave men and women who went to war and endured far worse than a comprehensive soaking - my beautiful guy and I spent the morning putting together the first shell of his new IKEA wardrobe. 


But first we had to vacuum (well my yummy man did anyway insisting I stay in bed and conserve my energy):

Then pull apart the makeshift wardrobe, composed of 4 moving boxes and an old mop handle (I will miss it as it was very individual and gave the room a homey look I liked):
I didn't feel fabulous, the cold still dogging my every step, but I didn't want my illness to deny Steve everything this weekend so we got the first shell all together smoothly and efficiently (my gorgeous guy is brilliant at reading instructions and following them with ease while I follow instructions reluctantly) 
.....and then left for brunch at South End in King Street with my great friends - Warren, Ian and Ingo which was lots of fun although I was exhausted afterwards and we headed back to Steve's place for a very quiet evening watching Dr Who, and some of the endless English murder mysteries the ABC seems so enamoured of (and to my irrational guilt, I think I shouldn't enjoy because they're too 'middle aged/old person' viewing for me) and ate Thai from a new place in Dulwich Hill, that while not awful is very average and I daresay will not survive long......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older