Sunday, January 24, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 23 (Saturday 23 January 2010) : I Am Melting.... Then I am Blown Away...Then Full as a Goog

I almost did melt....


The mercury raced with unseemly haste to 40 degrees Celsius and refused to budge until late in the afternoon when a cool change arrived..... like the Germans blitzkrieging across Europe in 1939! We went from deadly stultifying, cloying heat, during which we sensibly drove to shops and enjoyed the air conditioning therein (including the Remnants Warehouse where we picked up lots of the material needed for the fair Day Toyland spectacular, and my beautiful guy's favourite store, Spotlight) to gale force manic-crazy winds that drove dust, sticks and then driving rain before it. A delightful, charming Summer's day.....

I was already seriously considering not going to see Symphony in the Domain because of the heat - even though it is a yearly ritual and not going to see it smacks of ignoring a sacred rite of January - but the wind and soaking rain killed off the idea for good, and so after a drink or two and lots of chips with my friend Warren (who'd been rental apartment hunting all day, lucky guy!!) and my beautiful guy at the Sydney Park Hotel (as blue collar as you can get; so blue collar in fact that they had 1, count 'em, 1, bottle of wine for the non-beer drinkers, which was, um, me!), we decided to have dinner at the beautifully appointed Botany View Hotel. The bistro there is pleasantly unremarkable but it's the food that marks it out as something special - I had a lamb loins dish that including haloumi cheese and it was divine. Absolutely fabulous flavours, and it made for a delightful non-rainy, non-squally dinner with my beautiful guy, friends John & Essie, Fahmi and Stephen.

Thankfully the night was delightfully cool and we slept like.... well... exhausted adults......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older