Sunday, August 09, 2009

Project 289 : Day 145 - I See a White Light.....Wait, No. It's Just an Undercoat

Today I painted lots and lots of lamingtons.

No, I didn't ice them. I didn't even bake them first. I painted them. Yes you read right - painted.

Why on the gods' green earth, and in their fabulously well stocked pantry, was I painting food items? Well they are actually fake lamingtons being constructed, painted and covered in fake coconut (paper shreds and styrofoam fluff) for a party at Gay Ski Week that has the theme "Iconic". Along with a large foam cutout of Dame Edna Everidge's glasses (no possums were harmed in the cutting out of these spectacles) , the fake lamingtons (or super real ones, depending on how you view them!) will become part of the decorations for the party, which is rumoured to be being attended by Jackie O, Marilyn Monroe and Joan Crawford circa "Mommie Dearest".

Tomorrow night I get to paint them in fabulous shades of pink and brown, but for now, they are covered in white undercoat, and gleaming brightly in my beautiful guy's loungeroom, atop newspaper and coversheets.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older