Saturday, August 01, 2009

Project 289 - Day 137 : Laugh Kookaburra Laugh! I Said Laugh Dammit!


Kookaburra sits on the balcony
Merry merry queen of Sydney Park (Gay) Village is he
Laugh, Kookaburra laugh!
Kookaburra Gay Your Life Must Be!

This is a complete and utter paraphrase of an old Australian childrens' rhyme that I learnt as a I child - in which case, it's not really old at all; more like not as young as it was! - and is in honour of the Kookaburra in the photos, who alighted onto the neighbour's balcony railing, and let loose several times with his (or her) distinctive bird call. 

It certainly beat seeing the ugly feral Mynah birds that normally frequent the balcony, and a wonderful sign to my Irish house mate, Aiden, that his Permanent Residency will be granted. I mean, short of a kangaroo bouncing up onto the sixth floor balcony (they're good but not that good!), this is as Australian sign as you'd want to get!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older