Thursday, July 30, 2009

Project 289 - Day 135 : Oh Wagamama!

I am a Frequent Noodler!


There it's out in the open! At last I don't have to fear Perez Hilton outing me on his website, afraid one of my friends will see me eating noodles with, well what else, gay abandon.... I eat noodles and I am not afraid who knows it!

Honestly, Wagamama is one of my favourite places to eat with friends. Yes there are Japanese restaurants with more authentic cuisine (but then Wagamama always styles itself as a fusion restaurant), but there is something appealing about the adventurous mixes of cuisines, the friendly hyper-kinetic service in which your mains often appear well in advance of the entrees (a die hard Wagamama veteran will always order the entrees separately and then when they've arrived, order the mains), and the easy-going even if frenetic noisy vibe. 

It's all very communal on large joined tables, and the branch in The Galleries Victoria in the City is one of my favourite Wagamama locales, situated just near Town Hall station and just down from Kinokuniya, the best mega-bookstore in Sydney (sorry Dymocks but it is), and it's often where my beautiful guy and I will catch up for a fun dinner in the middle of late night shopping.....

Like we did tonight - he had a funky fried rice meal and I had a yummy salmon steak on a spicy coconut broth - where we caught on a frantic day for both of us, ate great food, and gazed into each other's eyes, with Sydney bustling around us in all it's Japanese fusion food-appreciating glory...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older