Monday, August 03, 2009

Project 289 - Day 139 : Passport to Gangstahood

This is the photo for my new passport.


I look like a gangster/street thug/drug dealer... and not like the clean cut innocent boy next door I really am. OK I am not that innocent really, but I certainly don't go around roughing up neighbourhood shop keepers for protection money, or tossing Jimmy No Eyes into the drink with cee-ment shoes, but you wouldn't know that from the photo!

The new rules for passport photos are to be blame for this. To keep the biometric face profiling systems happy, and whirring away in their Big Brother-esque digital world, your passport photo is not allowed to show so much as a hint of personality. No glimmer of happiness. No vestige of anything approaching humanity. Terminator has come among us already it seems....

I guess that when I reach the USA and then Canadian Immigration authorities in 11 weeks time, I will need to smile my ever-loving ass off to convince them I will bring only joy and sunshine to their lovely countries, rather than crime-ridden apocalypse my thug-like passport mugshot is promising.

Of course it is nice to know that should the Executive Assistant gig dry up, and I enter the police force as an undercover infilitrator, that won't have any trouble fitting in with the boys on the darker side of life.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older