Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Swimming Pretty in the Glass-Half-Full 2012: Day 31 - At the movies!

First night at the Open Air Cinema for the season after having to miss last Wednesday thanks to my back which at that point was acutely painful. I couldn't move let alone sit in a seat.

Today was much better, save for a little rain that the fetching white plastic ponchos took care of nicely.

They'd expanded the food area so more room for tables, expanded bar area, but all the same views and thankfully my beloved fish and chips! We drank lots of wine, had our yummy ice cream cookies, looked out on the Harbour. Gloriously beautiful as always.

The movie was awesome - Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol... here's my review - and my back survived nicely thanks to the thoughtfulness of my beautiful man who brought a rolled up towel for me to wedge in the small of my back. The seats were still manifestly uncomfortable - that hadn't changed nor has the opening music as the screen is lifted - but at least my back survived mostly intact.

I am grateful that my friend Fahmi parked the car nearby - he had a bad leg, I had a bad back - so the walk there was minimal and so thankfully was the drive home.

An awesome night with great friends at a spectacular venue.

Walking to Mrs Macquarie's Chair

Ian and Warren

My gorgeous guy and I

My gorgeous guy, Fahmi and me

Love my fish n chips!

Bread and wine... how holy of me

LOVE the view!

I was determined to eat the chips! (Fahmi sent this shot to his friends in Singapore to show them what they're missing).

The new bar area (Waz in the corner of the shot)

Best ice cream cookies EVER!

Dusk falls over the food tent

Movie boring? Check out the view!

Stephen M with his fetching poncho and Fahmni already decked out

The movie begins... and so does the rain

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older