Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 117 - What a Prize is Archibald!


Off to the Art Gallery of NSW tonight with my gorgeous guy and our good friend, Ingo, to see the Archibald Prize, which was as diverse, colourful and creative as always. I surreptitiously photographed the shot above because Ken Done had painted himself looking a little too much like Hitler, which amused me no end - I mean who would do that?! - and snapped the pic below (hence it's blurriness) which I found whimsical, fun, and visually crisp and distinct.

My big favourite was a quirky painting, and the one I voted for in the Peoples Choice section, called The Heart of Things (a protrait of Cassandra Golds), by Sonia Kretschmar, which showed Cassandra, an author, with her torso as a bird inside a cage, a motif used in one of her novels. It was gorgeously yellow, quirky, fun and made my night.

We had planned a light dinner somewhere but by the time we left the Gallery at 8.30 or so, everything was shut for the most part, so we ended up grabbing some very yummy Asian food on a stick in a lane near Town Hall station and eating it on the go, which was fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Misrule said...

You should see Cassandra in the flesh. She's even more gorgeous. And she does actually have a birdcage for a torso.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older