Wednesday, October 27, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 300 : I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do....


Off walking again this morning at 5 a.m. - insane after walking and swimming yesterday; anyone would think I am trying to slim down and tone up! I am.... - and this time the soundtrack was ABBA, all ABBA, all the time. That's unusual. Not because I don't love ABBA; I adore them, and not because I don't think they make great wlaking music; quite the contrary, their music is absolutely perfect.

No, it has much more to do with my very present state of mind which is simply that I tend to be listening to the music that's on my radar now - I am a voracious consumer of new music, which iTunes will well attest to! - and not the music that dominated my past. ABBA are a little different in that because they were an integral part of my life growing up - for years till I discovered disco they were all I listened to - they tend to still be very present in my here and now, especially when I can source bitchin' dance remixes of their songs by producers who are the current flavour of the month.

I did that just recently and ended up with fantastic remixes of Dum Dum Diddle, Just Like That, On & On & On, Summer Night City, Mamma Mia and Elaine, the final song of which remains one of my favourites to this day. I have always been drawn to ABBA's less popular songs for some reason - such as Elaine, Should I Laugh or Cry etc - not out of some desire to be different to most people but simply they were often the songs that spoke to me or had some deep emotional impact on me. It's not surprising I guess since I often choose the path less travelled; again not born of some deliberate tactic to be different for the sake of it but rather some quirky part of me that never chooses the obvious or usual options. I mean, I am gay after all! That's intrinsically me to the core so not surpising I guess that I tend to go for the unusual over the well worn.

Anyway listening to ABBA this morning was a lot of fun, they provided the perfect bouncy pounding sound track to my walk (and I was tired this morning so I really needed it!), and they reminded how timeless a group they are, and how lovely it is to have them as part of my here and now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older