Thursday, October 21, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 294 : No More Brekkie TV

I must admit I try very hard not to be a media snob.

Of course I make exceptions with programmes so execrably downmarket and lacking in any journalistic credibility such as Today Tonight or a Current Affair (both programmes are so vapid as to beggar belief that people use this as any source of credible information) that media snobbery is not just called for but loudly demanded, but as a general rule, I abhor snobbery of any kind, thinking it's the recourse of insecure people using their over inflated opinions as cover for cowering egos.


However, I have decided that I must invoke some sort of boycott on breakfast TV when Sunrise finally wnet one step too far and turned what looked like an innocent segment on when to change your pillow - I was a tad suspicious from the get-go since Tontine launched a major campaign last night to urge people to change their pillows regularly in the interests of good health; no, not profit, good health of course! - was followed by a competition to win a Tontine bed set! Well knock me down with a feather down pillow and call me Lucy! Not only is Sunrise so light and fluffy it may well float away on a strong breeze (not something that's troubled me previously since I am hardly likely to want to sit through a searing 30 minute current affairs expose at 6 in the morning) but now its essentially one long ad disguised as an information piece.


Here's hoping Media Watch rips them limb from limb.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older