Monday, June 28, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 178 (Sunday 27 June 2010) : My Crossaint Il Fait Froid!

I lie.

Not about the cold. We (my gorgeous,me and our close friend, Fahmi) ate outside in Winter on the sunless side of the street - ignoring the warm, cosy deli cafe just around the corner alas - at a French patisserie in Stanmore. I ddin't have a croissant but a nice warm yummy meat and mushroom pie followed by a pecan tart but the croissants looked d-d-delish and no doubt if I had had one, it would have frozen it's soft buttery flakes off!

Fahmi and I then de-camped to Marrickville Markets, which was somewhat warmer what with being in the sun and all, where we bumped into our good friend, replete with her lovely twins, Ben and Sophie. We didn't end up having lunch since we were still full from brunch but we had a relaxed wander though all the stalls, I bought another Smurf (yes I know I need a 12 step addiction recovery programme and I need it now! Perahps I can buy Counsellor Smurf and .... what am I saying?!) and giggled as Ben pointed at anything and everything using his word-of-the-week, "Look!"

After a deligthfully chilled morning - both literally and experientially - I decided a nap was in order (all that relaxing is exhausting don't you know) along with lots of re-organising of my bookcases and my bedroom before my gorgeous guy came over for a spot of Dr Who and dinner.

While I adored the last weekend in Melbourne, it was wonderful having a deconstructed, take-it-as-it-comes weekend following and recharging my depleted batteries.....

I know Battery Smurf..... then I can buy..... yes, yes I know, dial a counsellor now....sigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older