Thursday, June 24, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 174 (Wednesday 23 June 2010) : Fashion is His Passion

So we're in the midst of the World Cup (Football/Soccer) and while I am trying to ignore it, and largely succeeding - I am not a sports lover of any description although I don't mind watching basketball thanks to its speed and fun - my darling man isn't so fortunate when he's working in Bathurst since many of the pubs that he has dinner in are showing the Cup on massive screens 24/7.

Tonight, while having dinner with some work colleagues, he not only failed spectacularly to ignore the Cup, but ended up completely absorbed into it when he scratched a ticket in a Hahn Dry Ice promotion and won a Soccerroos scarf. So lovely is he that the lady handling the promotion gave him the beanie as well, and so somewhere around 8.30 tonight I got this photo MMS'd to me....

Apparently he has generously said I can wear this scarf and beanie this weekend when he returns to Sydney, and while I deeply appreciate his generosity is letting me the ludicrously coloured artificial fabric articles of clothing, I may suddenly find a pressing need to leave the country or something till the World Cup is over.

Babe, don't take it personally...... it's the clothes, not you......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older