Monday, April 12, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 101 (Sunday 11 April 2010) : Feed the Cat! Walk My Butt Off! Shop... and Drop.... Then Kiss

Yes a hectic regimen if ever there was one!

The day started, a little later than yesterday, with some cleaning up of my room - I have carpet! Glory be! - and the construction of the bathroom trolley/storage thingy I had bought the previous day at Howard's Storage World. It went together very easily - take note IKEA! - and I was just ridiculously excited at having extra space for toiletries etc in my bathroom. It's been 2 years in the making and really mu level of excitement was a tad OTT for what is just some plastic and faux metal but I was a happy camper whcih I headed out of the apartment to.....

....go walking over in Sydney Park with my friend Warren. I stopped off on the way to the park (where I took the following two photos on what was a perfect sunny Autumn day) to feed my friend Fahmi's cat (and clean up some of his thankfully non-smelly vomit.... what a charming feline he is!), then walked past a crime scene on King Street,before taking some photos of Sydney Park and environs. I really must return and get some more photos as the views are really fantastic from certain vantage points.
After exhausting ourselves - I wasn't feeling 100% as I was battling a sore throat and low grade fever - we showered and dressed (not together!) and headed out for lunch and some shopping at Marrickville Markets, held in the legal aid centre/Reverse Garbage centre run by the council, which feature lots of organic produce, one-of-a-kind arts and crafts and the lady who sells me my Smurfs. It reminds me very much of the Bangalow and Byron Bay Markets on the far North Coast where I grew up, and I love the raffish, hippie-esque quality of the people. I feel very much at home there, and the organic meat burgers, and freshly squeezed juices were delicious too.

We finished off the outing with some far more corporate shopping at Marrickville Metro (I got red candles to pretty up the bathroom which only cost $10 for two of them) - let's face it Woolies and K-Mart do not a raffish hippie-esque qaulity possess! - and then I went back to Warren's to make a Skype call (mine is still playing up) to my wonderful friend in Canada, Sandra. She was reclining on her couch (it was 10pm) and apart from some glitches in the video which kept freezing her picture, we had a delightful call, and caught up on all the sorts of details that email can't fully address.

Then it was back home for a rest, some tidying up, finishing off the novel I was reading, Ark, before I headed to the airport to collect my lovely man back from Melbourne. It was just brilliant to see him again - yes even after two days away; we spend our weekends together and while I kept myself busy, I missed him being there - and we had one of those quintessential airport reunions with hugging and kissing before heading to my place for dinner, catching up and um...... oh look a deer!

The loveliest part was he got to spend the night and I drifted off to sleep in his arms.....ahhhhh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older