Monday, April 12, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 100 (Saturday 10 April 2010): Driving Me To An Organic Future

I had planned a slothful start to the day with much sleeping in and very little energetic activity.

What I got, after discovering my car's battery had magically emptied itself of ant and all charge - no headlights, interior lights or boot lights left on so who knows what caused it - was an early morning call to the NRMA ( well I should make some use of my yearly fee!) to re-start the car (performed by a lovely friendly guy) and then the need for an hour long drive somewhere, anywhere to charge up the battery. So off I set - it turned out without my new rego sticker or license! - for a one hour drive down to The Shire and back. I couldn't stop or see any friends down there and I am not the sort of person who likes drives for the sake of a drive... I like, no adore, a destination, and while this one technically had one since I did get home eventually, it was not my idea of a jolly good time....

After a wonderful chat with my close friend Kerry, I set off for some shopping at Moore Park Supa Centa with my friend Warren - finally got a new storage unit for the bathroom! - which was truncated when Warren's date moved up the time. So I diverted quickly to Broadway Shopping Centre, quickly met his date (yes really!), did my grocery shopping at Coles, and headed home for a much-needed nap....

Awaking just in time to get ready for a dinner out at Peasant's Nest, a great organic restaurant on King St., with my friends Warren, Ian & Ingo which was just sublime. The conversation flowed easily, the wine just as easily, and we relaxed and enjoyed the night and some divinely delicious food. It is so nice to just stop and enjoy the conmpany of people that matter to you, and even better when the restaurant you choose has great food, service and ambience. A wonderful night.
The only thing that would have made it even better would have been the presence of my lovely man but he was far away in Melbourne and having a wonderful time of his own with his family....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older