Friday, October 30, 2009

Project 289 - Day 225 (Wednesday 28 October 2009) : I Was Like, Totally, Shopping at the Mall, Like, All Day

Yes today I hit the mall!

In a time honoured tradition stretching back to my first major trip to see Sandra in Vancouver in 1997, I travelled to work with her - she happens to work across (her building below) from the second biggest mall in all of Canada at Metrotown as luck would have it - and after seeing her to her building, I had breakfast at Starbucks (I have special dispensation from my beautiful guy to eat and drink there while on holidays!) till the stores opened at 10 a.m..... and then it was on!

First stop Chapters megastore where I browsed for ages, helped along by the very chatty, lovely Lisa who helped me finded all the books I wanted and even some I didn't know I wanted! Best of all I found the new CD by Chantal Kreviazuk, my favourite Canadian artist, a CD I didn't even know existed so colour me thrilled and delighted! Then it was off to Hallmark and Carlton Cards for Christmas ornaments before lunch with Sandra at Thai House with a particularly feisty orange - yep orange! - Pad Thai front and centre.....

Back into the mall via Future Shop where I picked up some DVD sets including "Big Bang Theory" and Parks and Recreation" and then HMV for a book, CD and DVD set... a moose, some fridge magnets, and I am fairly a stray partridge in a pear tree, followed and I caught the train home with Sandra exhausted after much mall criss-crossing....

I just had just enough strength when I got home to have some wine with Elissa, one of Sandra's neighbours I got to know well 4 years ago, and after watching "Cougar Town", a very funny new comedy starring an ex-Friend, Courtney Cox, I hit the hay and slept VERY soundly till 7.40 a.m. Thursday morning...

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Good shopping! Jus xo

6:32 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

LOVE shopping... it will be sad to have to stop when I get bac to Oz!! LOL

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older