Sunday, October 04, 2009

Project 289 - Day 199 (Friday 2 October 2009) : Happy Unofficial 1st Date Anniversary!

Today is the unofficial first date anniversary for my beautiful guy and me.


We met at least two years ago via a mutual friend, when my beautiful guy used to come to Sydney for weekends when he was living in Bathurst. I'd stop in to stop up our mutual friend for breakfast and Steve would often be there and brief conversation would be exchanged. That was the pattern pretty much till one Friday night in 2008 (3rd october to be exact) when I had to hand over the keys to the house of our mutual friend (who was overseas, and who's cat I was feeding) because my beautiful guy was staying there the weekend. What was suppose to be a quick key drop off in my mind became a three hour drinks and chat fest and we got on sensationally.

I would have asked him out then and there but fresh from failed interstate romances with a Brisbanite and a Melbournian, I was in no hurry to date another out of towner. So regretting the fact that all the good men were unavailable, I walked home afterwards, marveling still at how lovely, funny and clever this guy was, and supremely glad I had got a chance to see all those delightful parts of him.

Thank goodness he moved to Sydney in December and I got a chance to see him again... and well the rest is history....

To celebrate the unofficial start to our relationship, I bought these funky wine glasses (to mark the fact that it all started in a pub over drinks) and we ate dinner at our favourite reaturant, Posh Spice in Newtown. It was a glorious night, and a wonderful echo to one of the best nights of my life when love finally found me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older