Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Project 289 - Day 70 : There's No 'I' in Team But There Is In 'Igloo'



I wear about a thousand different hats at work, none of them overly sexy.

I yearn for zany, colourful hats made of rainbow-coloured silk, riots of feathers and vivid purple organza that demands an audience, a hat so visually powerful that the North Koreans hungry for power in any form, kidnap it, and use it to launch missiles into neighbouring countries. That's some hat right?!

Alas, what I get are the Outlook hat which is never sure what colour it will be or when, and is constantly changing shape and size; the Contracts hat which is drab legalese in colour and shape, and conforms to the pattern with an exactitude that is mind-boggling; and finally the Errands hat which moves past you so fast, piled high with packages and odds-and-ends that simply working out if it is a hat is hard to do.

Today I wore the Team Assistant for the Commercial Team hat when we had out team meeting in the next building. There was cake so we could celebrate Tricia & Ian's birthday, thrilling reports of KPI Alignments (like tires but not as exciting), and a presentation and Q&A by my Boss, Vicki, the MD of the division. 


Always remember - there is no 'I' in team, but there is in 'eviscerate'. Remember that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older