Saturday, May 23, 2009

Project 289 - Day 67 : Then I Ran Out of Energy and Stopped.... Just Like That

Thank goodness for weekends.


I often utter that phrase in a wildly melodramatic way on a Friday night, vodka in hand, as I collapse Marlene Dietrich-like on to the couch, exhaustion seeping from every pore. Well, no I don't, but it would be fun wouldn't it? But what I do like to do, after a run of busy weekends, is stop the clock, wipe the diary clean (or don't let it fill up in the first place, which for an extrovert is an almost Herculean task!) and just....BE.

So that's what my lovely guy and I did today. We slept in very late, cuddled, had a very late brunch/lunch, did some errands when and where we felt like that (so where and when in fact that we arrived at the post office just in time to see it close.... I have to admit they closed the doors beautifully in our face!), I read the paper and napped while he saw a friend, and then we grabbed pizza and watched "Pillow Talk" (the very straight Rock Hudson and Doris Day). No schedules, no demands.... just the day unfolding.

BLISS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older