Saturday, December 01, 2012

Swimming Pretty in the Glass-Half-Full 2012: Day 336 - Putting up the Christmas tree

I LOVE Christmas.

Love it.

One of the things I love most is putting up the tree and every year I make a big deal of it - like that's a surprise! - putting on all sorts of Christmas music (this year Michael Buble and Sarah McLachlan provided the perfect seasonal soundtrack), gathering together my gorgeous guy Steve, and my house mate and my friend Greg, and eating a yummy meal.

This year was just perfect.

We had a ball putting up the tree - even though it was a very hot day and I almost sweated to death putting the tree together and lugging out the 15 or so boxes of ornaments and plush toys and figurines - and Steve, may Santa bless him, has the inordinate patience to put on the lights in a way that makes the tree look AMAZING.

Everyone had a turn putting an ornament on the tree and then we retired to the balcony for dips, chips and nibblies, followed by food from Doytao Thai, and a yummy ice cream dessert.

And we even rocked on till midnight.

Woohoo!

I mean ... woo Ho Ho Ho...



Three reindeers now! Vixen on the far right is this year's addition joined Comet and Dancer

Boxes

More boxes

I packed up the tree last year with this little fella on it!







Aidan's ornament choice

Steve put on the new Hoops and Yoyo ornament



Greg chose Marge Simpson









And I chose Linus





We gave Aidan ...

And Greg their Christmas presents













Got very cute sugary figures to put on the ice cream (Steve and I had the Santas)



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older