Sunday, June 17, 2012

Swimming Pretty in the Glass-Half-Full 2012: Day 167 - My day with Kerry

Making sure she got the most out of what she calls "jet therapy" - getting on a plane and getting away from home - Kerry and I had a lazy morning watching "Insiders", Inside Business" and "Offsiders" (she loves watching them, hadn't seen them in month and it was part of her birthday celebrations) before heading out for an afternoon on King Street.

First stop Dendy cinemas for "Take This Waltz", a slow moving movie that Kerry decided was like watching paint dry but which I found emotionally powerful and engrossing. 4 1/2 stars from me. 1 from Kerry, if that!



Then we set off for a late lunch around 2.30 but got waylaid by gelato first. Love having dessert first! (at Gelato Blue)


Then we stopped a few steps down at Sole Espresso for a light lunch (after which I bizarrely got very sick and had to lie down for an hour).


Then home via the Indian sweets place so Kerry could get more treats to take home, I slept and rested up (still getting over my stomach bug) and then we headed out with Steve joining us for dinner at Smash Sausage Kitchen with Fahmi, Steve M and his cousin, Kim. Fab night!


Then we dropped her off at the airport, she thanked me for a special birthday weekend and I told it was because she was so special to me and deserved it. Yep we both teared up. Love her.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older