Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 334 - Kathy to the G

Big night!


We went to see the incomparably funny Kathy Griffin tonight at the Opera House thanks to some excellent forward-planning by my lovely now ex-colleague Lisa P. Coming along for the ride with Lisa, my guy and I were the divine Alison M, and Lisa's friends Chris, Kate, Zoe and Jim.

Lisa P and my guy

Alison M and me

Angel hair pasta for me; fettucine for my guy

Mmm. brownies
The food was only semi-delicious (and a bit over priced) at Studio Cafe under the Opera House but that mattered not, as we were there to see Kathy Griffin, and once my friend Waz met us outside the concert hall just before the start time of 8 p.m. we trooped in for 2 hours of the most deliciously politically incorrect jokes about everyone from Justin Bieber to Oprah to the Kardashians and Gwyneth Paltrow. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time, surrounded by most of gay Sydney I think, and while I hadn't seen much of her lately she is an insanely talented, very funny lady and it was a perfect way to spend a school night.


Without my glasses, she looked much like this. (So I borrowed my guy's glasses a couple of times to see her clear and un-blurred!)

Add caption

The sails were turned red in honour of World Aids Day, 1 December)
Pity about the pouring rain that trapped us at Erskineville station for a while at 11 at night...


You can read my full review of the concert here.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older