Tuesday, September 28, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 271 : 5 Things in My Bag


My work bag (pictured), which carries my entire work life in its faux-silk lined interior (and which I got for free when I spent $500 at Marcs clothing one night... so was it really free after all?), has many things in it's hold, but here's 5 things that are regularly carried in it.....

1. My USB stick

It's my personal USB stick - as opposed to my microscopically small work one which disproves the thesis that bigger is better... well as least as far as technology is concerned anyway! - and it carries all my blog photos, a copy of my precious novel, amongst all manner of important documents. I guard it with my life - OK no I don't, and wouldn't since it's one USB stick and Big W has more of them, whereas last time I checked they were all out of life replacements for me (which is good because I'd hate to be discounted!) - since it has a lot of very importnat stuff on it.

2. Blackberry

In my case, it's white. Yeah , go figure but how funky is it? It has been christened the Gayberry since one of the Sales manager's customers, who's straight, was worried it made him look 'gay'. I joked back to the Sales manager, mincing in my best queeny voice, "Well you can assure its vvvvvvvvvery gay honey." Deciding that mincing doesn't work for me, I desisted immediately but the name Gayberry stuck.

One thing I can say is that I am not a Crackberry addict. It's so easy for some people to check their emails and SMSs every second of the day and night, but my Gayberry is ignored outside work hours since I am determined to keep some sort of functioning work life balance.

3. iPod

I have spoken often and long of my love for this wonderful device, and as a music addict of long standing, having it with me on the commute to work is wonderful. It allows me to listen to all my new purchases properly, and turns what could be dead commuting time into well spent time.

As does my next purchase....

4. Newspapers and magazines

I am a voracious consumer of media of all sorts, and I have been reading newspapers and magazines for as long as I can remember since my Dad was, and is, a big reader of both types of media. I love being informed, keeping up with current affairs, and expanding my knowledge, and these are perfect on buses and trains where attnetion spans can be short because of the constant disruptions.

5. Bills and letters

Well not so much letters anymore - the email has emerged victorious in that arena - but bills, and things I need to action and the only way to ensure they get a look in is to bring them to work and act on them there. I am getting better at clearing out my bag but there can be quite a stack of them in my bag at any one time and not all of them actioned. I should add to my To Do list.... where's the iPhone?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older