Monday, September 20, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 263 : ...and then there was one..

We have ducks on campus.


The ground the campus is built on is an old duck breeding area - yep you have to love the way developers keep building over important ecological sites with the blessing of the greedy powers that be (I sound like a bourgeois hating Marxist don't I?) - and the company I work for is trying to make sure that the tenacious duck pair that is adamantly continuing to breed here despite all the odds, feels welcome.

Alas, of the four ducklings originally hatched, only 1 remains. I had seen the ducks just last week and there were two ducklings then so I am guessing another careless driver has run one over. I know they're small and hard to see, but it's sad that in Man vs Nature, that Nature always seems to be the loser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older