Friday, September 17, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 260 : Off to Brisvegas!

Off to Brizvegas for my friend Jason's 40th birthday!


My excitement at spending some quality time in the city where I went to university and where I worked at Expo 88 way back when, was tempered somewhat by Virgin experiencing yet more technical glitches in their check-in software (what a mess!), but thankfully I got the seats I had ordered and after a flight where reading or sleeping became difficult due to the volume of the music blaring from the girl in the window seat's iPod headphones (she did turn the volume down when I asked her to without complaint so she wasn't a complete jerk).

We reached Brisbane and were picked up by my dear friend Kerry (met her at uni way back when.... man there is a lot of 'way back whens' in my life now!) in a designated area at the airport where you can drop off and pick up people (Sydney Airport take note - you don't have to gouge all your customers!) who, after giving us a special welcome gift of chocolate macadamias with a photo of Brisbane on the cover, whisked us off to Park Road (can't recall the suburb) to an Italian cafe called La Dolce Vita that sits under a replica of the Eiffel Tower (yep it makes lots of sense!). It was wonderfully kitsch but fun and thronging with people, and very expressive Latino waiter and we had a lovely time at what is apparently an epicentre of south side Brisbane social activity, and home to the thickest, yummiest hot chocolate ever, made even more so by the addition of a pistachio ice cream! YUM!

After lots of yummy food and sparkling conversation, we were dropped off at the Sebel Citigate hotel, greeted by a very enthusiastic receptionist, and collapsed into bed in our fabulously large corner hotel room. But not before of us my beautiful cute guy grabbed all the pillows to himself (he loves as many pillows as he can get!) and posed before generously allowing me a pillow to sleep on :)

A wonderful start to what I expect will be a delightful fun-filled weekend....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older