Friday, March 19, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 78 : Ghost Stations and a Zombie Tiredness

Yesterday, about mid afternoon, I started to itch a little.


That little itch became a bigger itch and a bigger itch - yes I know I am veering dangerously into children's book territory here but bear with me! - till little red welts began appearing on my face, shoulder and chest and back and I was finding it hard to concentrate on my job. I have to say that having itchy red welts appear on your face is not the most wonderful of looks - I did check with my boss and also my colleague, Sandra, to make sure I didn't look so bad that children would run from me in terror and was told that while I looked polka-dotty, that alarming 'the villagers' was unlikely - but since the red welts had largely abated in colour and itchiness by 5 p. m. when I caught the bus and I was able to go shopping for the last part of my boss's maternity leave gift and get the antihistamine medication I needed, I shrugged of the allergic reaction, which is something I usually never have, and went home and chilled.



But this morning I woke up after a full night's sleep feeling my body had been through 10 rounds with a really pissed off prize fighter and his equally angry 6 'roids-fueled brothers, a feeling akin to the exhausted feeling you get the day after a major prize fight. But I still needed to go to work, exhausted or not, to deliver the last part of the gift, and to work on switching across four calendars simultaneously with Sandra, on what was the perfect day for quiet uninterrupted work while everyone else was at an offsite event, onsite..... yep it is all very Monty Pythonesque isn't it?


By mid morning, I'd had it, and when Sandra remarked that I looked exhausted but antihistamine medication will do that to you, and I said I hadn't taken any yet, I knew it was time to head home, which I duly did via the deserted train station near work at Macquarie Park. The less than fun part was that it took close to two hours in off peak to reach my home, into the welcoming day time TV bosom of Ellen and The View before sleep claimed me for a very long nap.....


After that less than pleasant start to the day, it did end up wonderfully when my beautiful guy came home from Bathurst, into my arms and we snuggled close and caught up before heading into Newtown for dinner at Tamana's, a yummy budget Indian eating house on King Street.
The only sad note tonight was that my favourite Indian restaurant in Sydney has closed, Posh Spice (it sat above Tamana's, its less glam cousin) has closed. We were headed there for dinner when we saw the closed signs, and while King Street isn't short on places to eat, it is short on restaurants that serve really delicious Indian food, served by warm, friendly staff in very tastefully, intimate surroundings.


RIP Posh Spice - I will miss you......by the way can I use your name for my own Indian place or is that a tad tacky so soon after your demise?


Oh by the way, here's a photo I took of dawn breaking over the building complex I live them. Thankfully it broke gently and damage was minimal....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older