Friday, March 12, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 71 : At Last My Cheque Has Gone.... and I Drank to Celebrate It

Life always seems to be busy.


I do like lots of activity, and getting lots done, but I am also a fan of chilled weekends and doing as little as humanly possible.It's the former state that seems to hold me in it's grip most often though, and one of the consequences of running hither and yon - hard to do in these days of modern English! - is so many things get half done, partly done or not done at all. One way around this is to do what I did last Friday and take a day off work to get my life organised but while that can be highly effective, it is always possible to do.

The other option, and work very rarely permits this, is to take a longer lunch - hell, in my case, a lunch of any time frame would be wonderful! - and go to the nearby shopping centre, and run some errands, with the added bonus of getting out of the office. Today was one of those days, and I finally managed after 7 weeks to get two cheques from Medicare cashed into my bank account, and to get a pin assigned to my debit card which I have had for months sitting in an envelope (thankfully the temporary card kept working just fine), and I feel a little lighter in the soul knowing that one more thing has moved from the shadowy netherworld of the Not Done, to the Done, Hell Yeah! pile. It may not be earth shattering or game changing but it was bugging me that it wasn't done, and now I can relax just a little.


Now to completely do all my filing, and put some on Ebay and.....OMG I have a headache and need to lie down....

LATER THAT SAME DAY.........
My beautiful guy and I had champagne at my friend Waz's, with his good friend Sue who we've met previously. She is bubbly and very friendly, and always great fun to be with, and all the champagne and yummy food added to the fun of an end of week chilled get together. Plus after tramping through a lot of units with Waz while he searched for an apartment to rent, my yummy guy finally gets to see the apartment Waz ended up with, which hilariously, was one of the few we didn't see!
A great night, and wonderful start to the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older