Wednesday, March 17, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 76 : The Smurfy Luck of the Irish - Happy St Patrick's Day!

So its St Patricks Day, and with an Irish CEO and an Irish flat mate, it's a bit hard to escape. But then hey, why would you want to? If anyone knows how to party it's the Irish, and while time in Cubicleville precludes any sort of heavy partying - oddly enough getting sloshed at your desk in work time and photocopying usually hidden body parts is seen as a no-no! - I marked the day in my own quiet day, photographing my Irish Smurf (yes really!) in a number of different places during the day, all of which reflected the type of day I had......
I started with my usual ablutions in the bathroom - yes I know its sounds rather disgusting as words go, and seems to indicate something messy and vomit-like, rather than the cleansing it refers to - and part of that is washing my mouth out with Listerine after a vigorous tooth brushing to keep my teeth in my gums (they are relatively healthy but my dentist says I have gingivitis so I now I have a mile long list of things to do to keep my mouth in perfect functioning order.....what fun!)

Then I dropped into friend Fahmi's on the way to work to feed his cat while he's away for work. He doesn't like being alone, and while I'd loved to have patted him and let him snooze on my lap, the best I could manage was to give him food, and pat him a few times. He seemed OK with that....

Then I caught the usual 7.40 train, had a lovely chat with my good friend and now train buddy, Waz, to Wynyard before jumping on the Optus bus to work and checking out emails via the Blackberry, which only goes on during work hours. Yeah, I know, I am not much of a Crackberry user am I?

Then it was breakfast time and my yummy cereal.... I usually only eat a particular brand or flavour for a while before changing so I don't get bored - yes sad that new cereal is a highlight of my working day but then working environments are not usually hotbeds of daring thrills and innovation are they? - and I have developed a habit of eating the inside part of my friend Sammi's toast (she only eats the crusts)....
Just checking what day it is and yes it is indeed St Patricks Day. I love my Rubes Cartoon-a-day calendar...it makes me laugh at the start of what are usually exhausting, fraught and tension-filled days....
I love thee Pepsi Max. Though thou leadest me through the valley of chemicals that are turning my innards into a goopy formaldahide-like broth, thou dost keep me perky and upbeat when all around is yawning boredom, beige and corporate inanities....
Today was the first part of my PDR (like a Performance Appraisal) with my boss Vicki and it went swimmingly. She loves working with me - always good to hear! - but we jointly decided that I need a new challenge in a more creative job within the company I am with now, and that the Executive Assistant role is nearing the end of it's usefulness for me, which I had decided was the case anyway. It was great to be affirmed in my current role, but to also have my boss genuinely want to see me advance and grow.... naturally I ate Rocky Road to celebrate with my fellow EA, Sandra....
Ah the headsets. Much easier to use than a handset when you're typing on the computer, or trying to type notes, or miming that you're killing yourself because the person who's called you is so annoying that you can't STAND IT and you need to....sorry, now where was I? LOL
I did a health test a few weeks back and apparently I am dehydrated. Likely due to all the sweating I do - I have prodigiously overactive sweat glands that erupt at the mere mention of the word 'heat' - and the salt I add to my meals and the fact that though I fill up my Dalek-reminiscent water bottle that I forget to drink the water in it. Still I am trying to drink more than I was, and if my many extra trips to the toilet are any guide, I am succeeding!
Of course he had to pose on the green glitter hat. Like that wasn't going to happen....puh-lease....
Its a Thali Jim but better than we have eaten before. I had dinner in the City at a fabulous place on Elizabeth Street near Central with my lovely cousin, Ngaire (pron. Ny-ree) who was in town for training. We had a lovely time catching up on all our news and shooting the breeze generally - no actual invisible currents of air were injured during the course of our gabfest - and the food was super-delish!
The lovely Ngaire itself.....
I finished the day off with a wonderful chat with my beautiful, sweet gorgeous guy while he filled up his iTunes library and then synced up what he jokingly refers to as his 8 Gigawatt Nana....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older